Securing Java Applications
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
6:30 - 8:30 PM
This presentation focuses on best practices for securing application running on Java EE application servers. It will cover the following areas
- Current state of Web Application data security and breaches
- Resources for Coding Guidelines and Standards
- OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) guides and cheatsheets
- Iron-Clad Java by Jim Manico and August Detlefsen
- CERT Oracle Secure Coding Standard for Java
- Training and Certification
- SANS DEV541: Secure Coding in Java/JEE: Developing Defensible Applications
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java (GSSP-JAVA)
- OWASP Top 10 Application Security Flaws, with Java code examples
- Walkthrough of known vulnerable applications to learn penetration testing and secure coding
- OWASP WebGoat
- OWASP bodgeit
- 5. BrixBits Security Analyzer demo
Joseph Konieczka has an extensive background spanning almost twenty years focused on designing, implementing, monitoring, securing, and troubleshooting applications running on distributed systems. By combining application development and systems administration experience he focuses on providing key insights into ensuring enterprise systems stability and security. Regardless of the role, he has incorporated both ad hoc knowledge transfer as well as formalized training sessions to supplement the current skill set of colleagues to eliminate any single points of failure related to siloed repositories of information.
RSVP by going to http://hjug022416.eventbrite.com/ We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
BrixBits provides simple, yet powerful solutions that fill gaps in today's application performance management (APM) and Java application market. Our wide range of agents provide critical information to ensure that Java applications are running efficiently and securely. From productivity and availability to performance and security we have unique solutions that provide the information needed to be able to respond quickly and accurately to events happening within Java applications.
Our vision is to build affordable and effective solutions to solve hard Java application problems.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.