AngularJS for your front-end Java application
Wednesday, August 27th, 2014
6:30 - 8:30 PM
We will use JPA so persists and pull a large volume of records from a database, and display these via AngularJS. I hope to demonstrate how JPA can really increase your productivity without having to go through the whole process of defining queries. On the flip side, we will demo some powerful techniques to render this data on a web application with AngularJS and why it should be considered for you next front-end application.
Dave Gavigan is currently a full-stack web developer with Elementblue, previously he worked for another IBM business partner in Austin. After attending school at Texas State University in San Marcos, he began his first job working on IBM mainframes. In addition to his mainframe background, Dave has also created several mobile applications using Worklight. Since then, Dave has spent more of his time in web development as more technologies such as PhoneGap and WorkLight started leveraging web development skills in other environments.
RSVP by going to http://hjug08272014.eventbrite.com We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
Meeting Sponsor: Element Blue
At Element Blue, Dave works closely with other developers to grow Elementblue's product line and offerings. He holds certifications in WorkLight mobile development and IBM Portal development. Currently Dave focuses on developing portlets for IBM's Intelligent Operation Center (IOC) as well as front facing clients for Elementblue applications.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting if we have 30 attendees, two if we have 50 or more
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.