Building Cloud-Native Applications With Cloud Foundry
Wednesday, June 24th, 2015
6:30 - 8:30 PM
Cloud environments such as AWS, Openstack, Azure, and vSphere can offer amazing benefits to Java developers. The ability to instantly provision your environments and scale on demand are huge boosts to developer agility and productivity. But effectively building applications on these environments requires a different approach, using a Microservices architecture.
In this session, we will use the open source products Cloud Foundry and Spring Cloud to rapidly build and deploy a complete application into a live cloud. We will talk about best practices for designing and coding applications in cloud environments.
Corby Page is a senior engineer at Pivotal, focusing on the Pivotal Cloud Foundry product. He is an enthusiast of agile practices and open source software, and has been developing software in the Houston area for over 20 years.
RSVP by going to http://hjug06242015.eventbrite.com/ We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
Pivotal (http://pivotal.io) creates open-source software for running applications and data in the cloud. Their offerings include Cloud Foundry and the Spring Framework. Their agile development consulting firm is Pivotal Labs.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting if we have 30 attendees, two if we have 50 or more
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.