Open Source Big Data Analytics with Java
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
6:30 - 8:30 PM
Advertising and marketing are in a constant state of change. With the rise of mobile, social and IOT, the world of advertising is undergoing a dramatic change. In order to create meaningful conversations with today’s consumers, brands and agencies need to leverage the power of this connected, data-driven world. Benjamin will highlight some of the recent innovations at the intersection of programming, data and advertising and how they are achieved with the use of open source and commercial software as well as web services:
Meeting Sponsor: MMI Agency
At MMI, we leverage the power of the connected social world to engineer meaningful conversations between brands and their consumers. We do this by diving deep into the digital footprints of these consumers in order to gain relevant insights into their behavior: the places they go, the things they say, and what really drives them. Mapping these human truths and emotions enables us to craft conversations that will truly affect consumer behavior. By combining human understanding with specific actionable insights, we connect with consumers who matter in the moments that matter to them. We orchestrate lasting relationships by creating meaningful conversations and experiences between great brands and their consumers.
RSVP by going to Eventbrite. We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
ZeroTurnaround has a global team of 150+ individuals. The company’s go-to-market heart beats in Boston, Massachusetts, while our development feet are firmly planted (and rapidly growing) in Estonia, at two offices in Tallinn and Tartu.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.