Jump Starting App Scalability with Hazelcast
Wednesday, September 30th, 2015
6:30 - 8:30 PM
Hazelcast is a small Java library that is provided under Apache 2 license. You simply include in your application and you get distributed collection classes like Map, List, Set, Queue and Topic as well as distributed computing utilities like locking, executor service and map-reduce. Once embedded, Hazelcast nodes automatically discover each other and elastically join to pool the machines memory and processors. This hands-on talk will enable you to get started exploring Hazelcast and help you to see how it can give your project a jump start in performance and scalability.
Fuad Malikov is the co-founder of Hazelcast. He likes working with Distributed Systems. These days he enjoys visiting customers and dealing with their usage of Hazelcast. Prior to Hazelcast, Fuad worked on J2EE projects as a technology consultant in financial and telecom industries. He was an IT architect at IBM, developing J2EE based core-banking system for one of the biggest banking transformation projects in Europe.
RSVP by going to http://hjug09302015.eventbrite.com/ We will need an accurate head count in order to know how much pizza to order. Since there may be a large turnout, please only RSVP if you're certain you'll be coming.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
Hazelcast is the in-memory computing leader helping over 8,000+ companies transition their IT landscapes to its transformational benefits. The Hazelcast operational in-memory computing platform helps leading companies, like Capital One, Chicago Board Options Exchange, Deutsche Bank, Ellie Mae, and Mizuho Securities USA, manage their data and distribute processing using in-memory storage and parallel execution for breakthrough application speed and scale.
About our venue sponsor: PROSWe aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- SemanticMerge has donated a one year license of their product to one lucky winner, and another to the speaker.
Meeting sponsored by Structure101 for Tangle free software.